This just in!!!: For those of you that have been receiving my emails from my Dizney77 AOL account, you can now reach me 24-7 at: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks for making the switch! And now back to your regularly scheduled program....
Greetings to The R77 Street Teamers and AC Camp Worldwide,
I am the Mole!
"Life has a way of changing Life the way you planned it...." Isn't that a quote from Forest Gump or the last fortune cookie you opened up? Nahh.......it's a line taken from a new Roxie77 song and couldn't be more apropos to what's going on in my world at the moment....and possible yours too.
I sit here writing to you all from Orlando, Florida....days before me and the family embark on one of the most unconventional "experiments" in my life. Yes, "The Move" that I spoke of in the last installment of the Mole Reports is about ready to take place, and I couldn't be more terrifyingly excited about the outcome. But maybe it's not so much about the final result as it is more about enjoying the moments that lead up to the outcome, let me explain.....
Since the last time we've met on the 'ol computer screen the top 5 things that have taken place in my small rectangle of a world. We have:
1. Witnessed one of the most devastating natural disasters in recorded history with the Indian Ocean Tsunami tragedy. Blink, and a quarter-million peoples lives are lost and countless others forever changed. One of the best suggestions that I have heard is to mark your calendars one year or even two years from now because that's when the people of these affected countries are really gonna need our financial help. There are many good organizations doing great things to help the situation and if you search them out on the Internet and are able to contribute even just a little, the right organization doing the right thing will find you.
2. Lost lord knows how many more men and women fighting in a war that was once based on W.M.D's and now seemingly more about someone else's democracy. I'm not gonna sit here and spew my political views, you know me better then that. But I can only hope that the troops now serving overseas can come back to their own lives in the U.S. as soon as possible. There is this misconception that if you are not backing this war in Iraq, you are not backing the troops. Simply not true. In-fact, it's the contrary. I know how brave, courageous, and dedicated our troops our to this country (a hell of a lot braver then my generation that was lucky enough never to have been sent to war) because I've talked to them and heard their stories. I can only hope you can do the same and seek out a solider and hear their take. Their words paint a different landscape (both better and worse) of what's really going on there rather then what we are spoon fed daily through the media. And I'm not suggesting a cut and run policy, rather a realistic time line to send our armed forces home that will show the world that our country doesn't want to be the "occupiers" we have been labeled....whoops, there I go spewing my political views.... sorry, damn, move on.... to lighter things.....
3. Seen the New England Patriots legitimately become the "dynasty" team they rightfully deserve to be called.....For those of you outside the U.S., I'm talkin' football.....the one NOT played with the round ball kind of football....And for all the face painting chowder head R77'ers up in the North East still walking around shirtless and drunk in sub-degree weather, just remember who you have to thank for starting your cute little "dynasty"....That's right, the beloved Oakland Raiders and a little 'ol play a couple of years back called the "tuck rule snowball miracle"...... but I'm not bitter....I'm not bitter.......yes, I'm BITTER!!
4. Started to record the new Alice Cooper record!! Yes, and as usual, you can count on the Mole to bring you the inside scoop on the making of Alice's 408th record (has there really been that many?)..... So, ya liked the "band" concept of the Eyes?? Sure ya did, we'll this new record is taking the band sound to a new level (high or low depends on your musical tastes I guess)..... I'm really excited about the songs on this one because I feel they represent the whole spectrum of all the different styles Alice has shown through his career. There are songs on this one that recall the early psychedelic side, the straight ahead theatrical classic AC rock demigod sound, and even some that even dance around with (or sound I say mosh) the newer, heavier, dare I say it eightiesh facet of the man you have come to love as the Coop.....Only thing missing?.... No songs about golf....not just yet, I should say!
5. "__________________" Fill in the blank to what's been going on in your world as well, cause what's going on in your life is just as important as the Moles, because the Mole cares, he really cares.....(and you thought the Mole never brown-nosed! Ha! How do ya think we got such a big emailing list?!?)
With all that's happening on the front side of 2005, isn't the later half of the year gonna be boring and mundane.......what the heck ya mean?! what the heck ya mean?!....Come summertime, it's time to tour, tour, tour.......and don't think that I haven't been keeping an eye out on some new countries and cities that we haven't played yet (can you say Iceland?? Bjork, Bjork...here we come!...and there she goes...).....as well as all the "usual suspect" places that never disappoint......So keep an Eye out for the AC summer camp tour as it rolls on into your head-space and plays music from the future....!! Soooo Pauly Shore just now...who??
For all of you " R77 street teamers" out there that have ordered the Roxie 77 debut CD" Peace, Love & Armageddon" on the www.roxie77.com website or where ever else fine music is sold, we thank you from the bottom of our empty pockets...! ha! Seriously, you guys have been such a great source of inspiration that we might have to start recording another album as soon as this next AC tour wraps up....As soon as I can figure out the rehearsal schedule (the guys live in L.A., I'll be living in Sweden....maybe we'll have to call rehearsals in N.Y.C!!).....Because of your kind adoration of the 'ol R77 at the past Coop shows (i.e.. all the "wonka shirts" and Mole signs), there are some promoters out there that would like to see Roxie77 come around and play a mini big rock show....as soon as we get stuffed finalized, you KNOW I'll be typing away begging and graveling for your street team support....
So away we go......Thank you L.A. for being a constant reminder that anything is possible in this life.....where else can a middle class kid who comes from the suburbs, meet the girl of his dreams who comes from half way around the world, then lands a job playing guitar for one of his rock n' roll idols, which then affords him the opportunity to move to Europe and raise his family the best way he can .....?? Only in Los Angeles, baby....I might have cursed you once or twice (depending on just how much attitude or traffic you threw my way) but guess what? You treated me right L.A.....and I will forever be grateful to you....You turned "the boy into the man" but because of the good times and "second chances" you've given me, I've still remained the boy to much of the extent....Ahhhh....gettin' all sappy are ya?...Don't say it, Don't say it!....Damn, I'm gonna say it....Damn you Randy Newman!!! "I Love L.A!!!............
But I think I'm gonna love Stockholm too....
Until we meet again, on the road or in the wonderful world of cyberspace....
Peace, Love and The SI Swimsuit Issue.....
- the Mole a.k.a. Roxie
And Remember: For those of you that have been receiving my emails from my Dizney77 AOL account, you can now reach me 24-7 at: email@example.com Thanks for making the switch!
get to meet the rest of the guys at
or get to know the main man at
If you wanna read up on the past Mole posts feel free to go here: Roxie77 Blog Spot http://roxie77.blogspot.com/
Feel free to pass this on to anyone else in the free universe (free for now that is!!)....
Peace, Love, and Armageddon..... the new CD!
This is our world, our time, and our place....we can pay tribute to the
past, and speculate about the future, but the only thing for sure is RIGHT
NOW....so make the most of it. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is uncertain,
today you shine.....If you're going to heaven, congratulations...if you're
going straight to hell, you might as well enjoy the ride....R77
Enjoy the noise....